While this post is sponsored by Target, all ideas and opinions expressed here are my own.
Summer is right around the corner, and with all the formal events like prom, weddings, graduations, date nights with the husband (that is what I look forward to the most) or even just wanting to put your hair up for a ladies’ brunch, I have come up with three hairstyles that are very easy to do! I added a few makeup favorites that work with the looks, and you can find all the products at your local Target. Or, better yet, buy it online; Target offers free shipping on orders of more than $25 and free returns on every order. Best online store for all Target goodies (I wasn’t even told to say that; it really is a personal favorite! LOL!)
The first look I am going to show you is probably my favorite out of all of them. When I’ve done this hairstyle in the past, I have been asked a handful of times what salon or hairstylist I used. It’s fairly easy and, now that my hair is shoulder-length, it’s fun to do. It mainly combines twists and knots.
Start off by parting your hair right down the middle. I always say second-day hair is the best to style, but freshly washed hair is perfect too.
1. Part your bangs from the top to your ears, and pin your bangs to the side for now.
2. Now part your hair in the back into two parts: top and bottom.
3. I love using the Nexxus Frizz Defy Finishing Mist because it protects from heat and it has a nice hold. Spray onto the bottom half.
4. Using the Nu.Me Curling Wand, take pieces and lightly curl your hair, creating texture.
5. Part the bottom into two parts with a slight twist.
6. Tie your hair like you would any knot!
7. If your hair is long enough, tie it again.
8. Now tuck the ends in and pin away.
9. Do the same with the top half. Spray, heat, twist and tie into a knot, then pin away.
Now for some tips and tricks and the makeup items I used to finish this look. Don’t forget, I have two more hairstyles I want to show you. So keep reading…